Authentic Greek Decoration Bronze Olive Wreath
This authentic Greek decoration the olive wreath called “The Kotinos” was the classical prize award for the winner at the ancient Olympic Games. It was a branch of the wild olive tree that grew at Olympia.
According to Pausanias it was introduced by Heracles as a prize award for the running race winner to honor his father Zeus. In the ancient Olympic Games there were no gold, silver, or bronze medals. There was only one winner per event, crowned with an olive wreath made of wild-olive leaves from a sacred tree near the temple of Zeus at Olympia.
In total all those different pieces that are connected together for this sculpture are about 27 pieces:
- This statue was 100% handmade by the artist Mr Kelesis in his workshop, secialized for bronze artworks
- Made with the ancient method of casting bronze in 1200 degrees Celsius.
- This small sculpture consists of the base which is black marble, the olive arm, the olive leaves and finally the olive fruits.
- Each of them are connected together by very strong oxygen – propanium fire and silver!
- Handmade Piece by piece!
- A very difficult creation, made with many love and care!
- The weight is about 250 gr!
- The colour is natural green dark ,oxydation (patina).
- The base is made out of black marble (granite).
Seeking for ambitious art objects and home accessories for your home and garden or your business? Mr Kelesis offers a wide selection of bronze sculptures and garden sculptures. In our collection you ´ll find ancient statues, Art Deco and modern bronzes. Fair prices are guaranteed.